It is always fun to come back to school in September and share stories about your summer vacation. Let's share a special moment with the class - and get to know each other.
This August, I spent three weeks in Australia and New Zealand. It was a life-long dream of mine to snorkle the Great Barrier Reef, and I was blown away by the wonderous life that I experienced there. Not only did I see hundreds of different types of fish, many types of coral, and find Nemo, but I got to swim with the Minke whales. They are about 24 feet long and they swam within ten feet of me. I cannot begin to describe the feeling of being in the water with these creatures, and will forever remember it. On land, I saw kangaroo (ate some too), koalas, crocodile (ate some of that as well) and many different types of birds. In New Zealand, I traveled across the Southern Alps and saw more sheep than I saw humans! Overall, it was a wonderful vacation and I cannot wait to go back for more.
Please comment by telling us about your summer vacation!
A page of reflection and sharing within the F-period Algebra II class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ummmmm, well, I worked all summer and didn't really go anywhere. Overall, it was a good summer though. I can't really complain. Nothing exciting to report, so yea, i guess that's all I have to say.
ReplyDeleteDuring the summer I ddi a lot of exciting things. first i went on a week long cruise in alaska that was a lot of fun. I did a zipline and then we went to a salmon bake. the next thing i did was junior guards for the month of july. beside that i just hung out with friends and surf a lot.
ReplyDeleteJon Kitchen
I went to MExico and went ZIplineing in the jungle. I also went camping in JAckass Meadows and I had to carry a 20lb bag of ice on my lap for six hours.
ReplyDeleteSpent the first quarter at Pasadena's Art Center College of Design, taking a workshop and making a (slight) fool of myself.
ReplyDeleteAfter that, it was a three-week lull before going back to New York to attend The New School (Parsons Division)'s summer program. Really enjoyed seeing Reade Bryan (instructor) again; he's a good friend. This also involved an attempted defacing of the MOMA.
Vivian, what is a MOMA?
ReplyDeletethis summer was very eventful. I went to cheer camp and then when i came home i had to say goodbye to my brother for two years then leave to go on the prague summer trip. That was such an amazing experience to have and i'm glad i got the opportunity to go. when i got back i started doing some charity work then i was off again to utah with the family and mike. then i cam home and did more charity work. then i was off to Nauvoo for mormon camp. that was an awesome experience as well. then i came home, did more charity work, then was off to utah again.
ReplyDeletehectic summer.
~meredith